The annual Kilbirnie Festival is a fortnight of community celebration
and activities, for all ages and all cultures, taking place in March
2013 in the two weeks around the main event, the street fair.
The huge street fair this year is on Sunday 10 March, 10am-4pm, in
Kilbirnie’s main street Bay Rd and surrounding carparks. Featuring
several music stages, performers, entertainers, cultural groups, street
performers, kid’s area, rides, food, displays, and hundreds
of craft & market stalls. Portaloos & public toilets available,
and free parking in surrounding streets.
A feature of this year's event will be the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars" primary school kids' talent contest. Twinkle Twinkle entry forms, click here.
Other events in the festival weeks include a sports day for the younger
at heart, bus outings for the quieter at heart, sale days by the local
retailers, and a variety of activities at the local Recreation Centre,
Library, and Regional Aquatic Centre.
To apply for a stall, send in the completed application, WITH
payment, made out to Capital Productions. You must also read and agree to comply with the Stall Terms and Conditions. You will then be advised if you are accepted. You will be refunded in full if you are not accepted. Please note, there are no stall refunds for poor weather, as we all take a chance on the weather and other events beyond our control. The stall fees are all committed to advertising and facilities, as I'm sure you would like them to be.
No discussion will be entered into regarding stall fees not received on time - late prices and conditions apply to all late bookings (but may be refunded if any stall fees genuinely paid on time turn up later).
Click here to download a copy of the Stall Terms and Conditions. Click here to download
a stall application (requires Acrobat Reader). You need both.
Food Stallholders must complete and return to us no later than two weeks prior to the event, with your stall application and payment, pages three and four of this WCC Food Stall Requirements. All food stalls are required to have at least one staff member with a current food handling certificate.
Biodegradable food containers are available from many suppliers including www.kiwigreenpak.co.nz, Moore Wilson's, and www.ayrpak.co.nz/eco-products
Print your own GST invoice after
the event (for stallholders after attending an event only)
For more information, visit the Kilbirnie
Festival homepage site.
Kilbirnie Festival 2012 Stall Terms and Conditions
Sunday 10 March (no postponement day),
10am-4pm. Event information is on the www.capitalproductions.co.nz and www.kilbirniefestival.org.nz websites
All stalls must tick the box on the stall application to show you have read these and agree to comply.
- We prefer local, handmade, sustainably produced and healthy goods. We may choose not to accept unethical or mass produced goods (such as plastic, manufactured imported goods, or unhealthy foods). Describe your goods correctly to avoid embarrassment on the day
- Waste management is shared. We ask you to abide by the following to make it easy for you and us. We do not agree with you generating landfill waste unnecessarily (especially if you then leave that for us)
- No stall will leave any rubbish of any type. All stalls will take away all their waste. This includes your lunch bag. Put all your drink bottles in the recycling, not the rubbish
- We will accept clean and recyclable glass, aluminium and plastic containers; and completely flat, clean cardboard (NOT just squashed! Remove any tape and fold completely flat)
- Set-up vehicle access is 7-9am only. All vehicles out by 9.30am at the latest
- No parking is provided. There is plenty of parking in surrounding streets
- Vehicles will not be allowed back on site until most of the attending public have left, making it safe for pedestrians. The event managers will decide this. You will have to wait until this time. Cars may be required to be escorted by staff
- No vehicles are to block any accessway, wait on roads, or otherwise cause traffic hazards. You must park legally until your access is available
- No vehicles on site during the event unless it fits completely within your paid space
- Instructions of market staff are to be followed
- Any gazebos or shade must be adequately weighted. This is a public safety consideration. Plan ahead
- A 3m gazebo will not fit into 2m sites, which have no gap between. Your neighbor can refuse you extra space
- ALL electrical items must display a current test tag
- Food Stalls can only sell food in biodegradable containers, cups, straws, and cutlery. No exceptions. See the links below for suppliers
- Food stalls will each provide one clean proper rubbish bin for the PUBLIC, in FRONT of your stall, with clean liner bags. You take these with you at the end of the day
- Food stalls must comply with all WCC health regulations. High risk foods must have one staff member with a current Food Handling Certificate (please send copy with your application)
- Food stalls must complete and submit to us pages 3 & 4 of the Food Fair Information linked from the website no less than 14 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Cancellations more than two weeks prior will have a $20 administration fee deducted
- Cancellations in the last two weeks will not be refunded
- Stall fees are non-refundable. We all contribute to making this event successful
- Postponement/cancellation on (04) 384-1998 from 6am on the day of the event only
- Payment by cheque, bank deposit (include your name and the event as reference!) or internet transfer (include your name and the event as reference!). No cheques in the last week
- Cheques, deposits and internet payments to Capital Productions ANZ 01 0514 0149451 00
- Stall applications must be mailed to the PO Box shown, or a .pdf emailed to the email shown. An application is complete when both the application and correct fee are received
- Any stall payment not showing as received by Fair day will need to be paid on the day, in cash and at the late price, before a site is allocated. A complete refund of this amount will be made if and when any earlier payment is confirmed.
Event managers may exclude, without refund, any person or stall who fails to comply with these conditions.
Here are some photos from previous events. Hi-res versions are available to the media on request.